Today we want to talk to you about choosing the right area when moving to Mexico. We have six points that we want to go over with you on why we think Rosario Beach is one of the best choices.
1. Distance to the nearest U.S. Border
It’s important that we take into consideration especially if it’s the first time moving out of the country, the distance to the U.S. Border for those of us that live in Rosario Beach. It’s so nice being able to cross back over to San Diego whenever we need to, if you’re gonna move to places like Cabo, Cancun or Puerto Vallarta, that means you have to catch a plane to get back to the U.S. We get the best of both worlds by living so close to the border, we’re a short half hour drive away and we can access anything that we need in the U.S.
Continue reading Choosing the Right Area to Live in Mexico – Rosarito Beach Real Estate
Invest in Mexico. Use your IRA (Individual Retirement Account) retirement savings to purchase an investment property without creating a taxable event! Put your IRA money to work now. This money can be used to purchase investment properties. Any investment property that actually earns income qualifies. Owner-occupied properties will not work.
American banks will not finance on properties in Mexico. Financing options in Mexico have very high-interest rates with short terms of only 5-10 years result in high mortgages payments. This is a perfect solution to purchase properties in Mexico.
- Setup the U.S. government/IRS approved “custodian” account and roll over the funds into this account. Then, the “custodian” provides a check to this bank account for the LLC which is used to buy the property.
- As rental income is paid, it will be deposited into this bank account. The account owner can then, write checks to the “custodian” account. This cash can roll over into any approved IRA brokerage accounts such as Schwab, Merrill Lynch, etc. Then, these funds can be invested in securities.
- Most investors are not aware of the fact that they may use an eligible retirement plan to invest in real estate of any kind.
- Eligible retirement plans for this purpose are any type of IRA (Traditional, Rollover, SEP, ROTH, etc.) and 401k or 403b plans (or any other defined contribution plan) held with a former employer.